Sunday 21 August 2011

Training day!


After buying a little map book of walks around Surrey I decided it was time to start some training.

OK, so, like most 27 year olds I've been able to walk for about 26 years now. One would think this would exclude me from needing to practise for my 4,600m altitude, 4 day hike in the Andes, but apparently not!

I picked out a nice little six-miler, to take my training buddy (also known as my other half, Chris) and me from picturesque Compton, Surrey, up through Artington to the outskirts of Guildford, then back through the Loseley estate (although I have been berated by a friend for not using the opportunity to take in some delicious Loseley ice cream - sorry!) to Compton.

There really are some beautiful sights to be seen on this walk, from the unusual Watts Chapel, to the stunning Loseley House (pictured above - excuse the bad photography!). And despite being a bit off the beaten track, it's all so easy to find with a bit of a walk and some exploration.

A few hours later, tired and with aching legs, we returned to the car and headed for a relaxing pub lunch to "reward" ourselves. I think I'm going to enjoy this training!

For info: today's walk can be found in Pathfinder Guides: Surrey Walks, walk 14: Compton and Loseley Park

No comments:

Post a Comment